The Patio is open at the Depot!
Calling all enthusiasts -- the best patio in Berea to be enthusiastic about is now open!
Rail Enthusiasts - join us and enjoy the action of some of the most active tracks in the area while sitting on the sun-soaked patio beside the historic Union Depot est. 1876!
Beer Enthusiasts, Wine Enthusiasts, Sun Enthusiasts, Food Enthusiasts, and FUN Enthusiasts - Join us on the Berea Union Depot Taverne's deck for all of the above!
See more and larger pictures on our Facebook Page
Historic Berea Union Depot
Fine Food surrounded by tangible history
We are proud and honored to bring activity back into this incredible old building. The massive sandstone blocks that make up 30 Depot Street have seen countless trains, untold tons of freight, and hordes of passengers. It has thrived as the Pufferbelly and The Station restaurant. We respect that history while at the same time we are proud to bring a new menu, a clean new look, and new life to this important location as the Berea Union Depot Taverne!
"The Berea Union Depot, a significant hub in the railroad networks of northeast Ohio from the time of its construction in 1876 ...read more
Have a sneak peek - click each photo for a larger image!
Huge sandstone blocks from Berea's own quarries in 1876 split the restaurant into five distinct sections:
- The "Main Bar" with almost 60 feet of beautiful cherry-topped bar, high-top tables, flat-screen televisions, copper ceilings, and a festive atmosphere - this bar/dining room sets the perfect scene for a casual lunch or an enjoyable evening of music, food, and perhaps a sports event on the TVs in the background.
- The "Tap Room" bar is cozy, with beautifully inlaid wooden floors, high ceilings, and a marble-topped corner bar sure to become a favorite. The rectangular high-top tables are are a great spot to enjoy one of our seasonal rotating beers on tap, or to have a plate of our nacho kettle-chips with your friends! Click on the picture to the right for a larger view... but be sure to come see us in person, a picture doesn't quite capture it.
- The "Trackside" dining room is perfect for train enthusiasts and everyone else alike, with beautiful wooden ceilings and windows facing the active tracks. If you look through some of the old photos and lithographs, before this space was enclosed, you'll notice passengers waiting for their train in this very spot. Trains frequently rumble by - loud enough to let you know they are there, but not so intrusive as to stop conversation... unless of course you want to stop your conversation to gaze out the window!
- The "Platform" dining room, also with lofty ceilings, flatscreen televisions, and plenty of of ambiance, is just a few steps away from the Tap Room. The lower dining tables and open, festive setting makes this space a great place for families. This room also has televisions on the walls, so there is no need to miss the game while you're having one of our flatbread pizzas with the kids!
- The "Junction" party room is ideal for larger groups and parties. This room can be curtained off and tables pulled together for party/meeting space. This room faces Depot Street and its proximity to the tracks, combined with a more private entrance across from the Host station makes this a quieter space than the similarly laid out Trackside dining room.
- The historic dining car! Let us cater your parties and gatherings in the antique dining car sitting on it own tracks right beside The Depot - call or email us for information and a catering menu!